Birth Doula services include:
- 2 prenatal visits (not including our first free consultation)
- Unlimited email and phone support
- On-call 24/7 for you two weeks before your due date until you birth your baby(ies)
- Physical and emotional support and advocacy during your labor and birth (staying one to two hours after your birth to make sure you and your family are happy and settled.)
- 2-3 postpartum visits depending on your needs and how you experienced your birth.
- A typed log of the labor and birth notes that I took during your labor.
I have worked with many different families in different settings. This is YOUR birth experience, not mine. I want to help you by empowering you to make your own decisions and birth where you are most comfortable. No matter where you choose to birth; hospital, birth center, or home, I will support you.
I serve a wide range of clients including: teens, VBAC, home birth, adoption, hospital, birth center, surrogates, LGBT, high risk, expected stillbirth, waterbirth, single parents, and cesarean birth.
In terms of my personal experience or knowledge related to birth or baby care, here are some other areas I can help you with or provide information on:
- Mother blessing celebrations (an alternative to baby showers)
- Writing a birth plan (or birth ideas)
- Hypnobirthing, Bradley Method, Birthing From Within, and other theories of ways to birth with awareness and support.
- Belly casting
- Cloth diapering
- Elimination communication
- Baby wearing education
- Baby sign language
- Pregnancy, birth and/or newborn photography (I can take pictures at your birth, as well)
- Sibling support (for your older children at the birth)
- Postpartum doula work
My fees are negotiable depending on family income and travel distance. Most of my clients choose to set up a payment plan. Contact me for more information regarding my sliding scale. If you have insurance, I can now help you navigate getting third-party reimbursement! You could receive part or all of your doula fee back from your insurance company. Please call me to inquire about the details of third-party reimbursement.
Please call me at (360)223-2323 with any questions or to set up a face-to-face meeting. You can also email me at MotherBirthDoula@gmail.com
I offer birth doula support in these Whatcom County cities: Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden, Blaine, Deming, Everson, Glacier, Maple Falls, Sudden Valley. Skagit County cities: Mount Vernon, Arlington, Anacortes, Alger/Sedro-Woolley, Big Lake, Burlington, Bow/Edison, La Conner. Island County cities: Oak Harbor, Coupeville, Langley, and Greater Seattle area on special request. As your doula, I will travel to you for appointments and the birth.